Q: Describe your style in a few words.
A hip old man.
Q: What are the most coveted pieces in
your closet that you can’t live without?
1) My long flowy perfect skirt. All my friends know the
skirt. It’s cut perfectly. It’s airy. Goes with everything. All
seasons. Always flattering.
2) Perfect fitting Heidi Merrick vegan leather pants. Again
— the fit. It’s a great staple.
3) Borsalino chocolate brown Indiana Jones hat. Signature
piece. Fits perfectly. Love a good hat.
4) Pristine 1968 Oscar de la Renta brocade gown I found
in Baton Rouge for 200 dollars.
5) Anything Isabel Marant or Rag & Bone…just cuz.
Q: What are the must-have pieces every
stylish girl needs to own?
1. A perfect hat.
2. A great half boot. Isabel Marant is my favorite!
3. A perfect fitting jean. Mother and Genetic are mine.
4. A signature ring found at a flea market or some sort of
5. Perfect flouncy spring dress or skirt they can wear all
year. Myriad of sources — at the moment, my fave is my
cherry Red Hawaiian print from TopShop.
6. Perfect fitting grey, white, and striped t-shirts and
worn in denim shirts. Alexander Wang, Isabel Marant,
Alternative Apparel make the best!
7. Great bras and underwear! Calvin klein are my favorite.
8. Cozy sweaters and sweatshirts. Alternative Apparel,
Madewell, Isabel Marant again…my fave!
Q: “I wouldn’t be caught dead wearing…”
Ed Hardy. Or anything overly “scripted” in that world.
Q: Your skin is flawless — any beauty
secrets you swear by?
Oh boy — you are too kind. My mother has good skin
and always had a “regimen” and was into skincare so my
awareness started in my youth. Genes are quite a part,
no? But, I always try to wear a hat and sunscreen. Tinted
Vertra sunscreen is what the surfer’s use. It’s amazing. I
eat lots of vegetables and drink lots of water to start from
the inside out. Right now I’m back and forth between —
believe it or not — Biore face wash and scrub (it’s amaz-
ing) and Dial anti bacterial soap. It keeps my skin really
clear. And I love serums and potions. Vbeaute makes a
great eye cream and serum. I love Vanda’s Vitamin C oil.
I haven’t found the perfect moisturizer for me yet, but I will! And i just started using Josie Maran’s stuff, and I
love it! SKII, though expensive, is the jam.
Q: What’s next in the world of Abigail Spencer?
Work-wise, I just finished co-producing and acting with
my boyfriend, Josh Pence , in this beautiful short film directed by Julian Higgins called “Here and Now.” I’m very
excited about that. I’m off to Toronto to visit Suits. We
start back with RECTIFY on Sundance Channel in January, so that will start airing in June of next year. And I just
wrapped “This Is Where I Leave You,” directed by Shawn
Levy and written by Jonathon Tropper. I love this movie
so much. And the cast! Jason Bateman, Jane Fonda, Tina
Fey, Adam Driver, Timothy Olyphant, Corey Stoll, Rose
Byrne, Connie Britton, and many more. And I have an independent film coming out soon called “Beautiful Now.”
All things I’m very proud of, and hopefully making a few
more of my own heart’s desires.